FIRST OF ALL, WE WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR BEING A VOLUNTEER!! WE WOULDN'T BE SUCCESSFUL WITHOUT YOU!
Volunteer Information Process (VIP) - Name for process as a whole.
Simple Steps for completing VSP (PDF)
(VSP) Volunteer Screening Process - Completed every 3 years
You are responsible for completing Steps 1 - 3 (listed below)
Steps 4 - 6 are completed by Office staff Step #1: Enrollment Application & Orientation (2 parts)
(VSR) Volunteer Service Renewal form (PDF)
Completed Annually - only until time to complete VSP
Enrollment Application (PDF)
- Complete and return to our office.
Orientation Instructions (PDF)
- Enroll in the 4-H Online enrollment System. This can be found at: https://ks.4honline.com. Only after the enrollment has been approved by the Extension Office will a volunteer be able to proceed to the next step. (Note: You should have already enrolled as a direct volunteer in some capacity. But if you haven't, you must do so and be sure to complete the health information as well as the other applicable information. I will approve first thing in the morning the following business day.)
- Once your enrollment is approved, you log back in just like before and click on the 'Training' tab toward the top of the page. You will be in the 'Enrollment' tab when you log in. Once you've completed a video, you have to close the page and go back to the 'Training' tab to select the quiz. Continue the same way at the end of each module. (Please refer to the attached instructions as they are more detailed then above.)
Step #2: Background Check (2 parts)
Child Abuse and Neglect Central Registry (DCF) form (PDF)
- Simple 1 page form; complete and return to the Extension office. Office staff will submit for you.
- There is no charge for Morris County residents.
National Criminal Background Check (CBC) or what we refer to as the 'Validity' check - Completed Online
- Go to this link: http://tinyurl.com/cbc-Kansas4H
- The online form will start with selecting your local county or district, which is Flint Hills Extension District.
- You will be asked to create a profile.
- You should immediately receive a confirmation e-mail with your temporary password. If you did not receive this confirmation e-mail, please check your Spam/Junk folder.
- Once you receive the temporary password and login, the next page will be an “application” asking for contact information.
- There will then be several pages of statements and disclosures, some of which will require you to check a box at the end of the page.
- At the end you will be asked for your Birthdate and Social Security Number and to grant permission for the background check by electronically signing the form. The check cannot be run without this information and signature.
- Upon completion of the application, an e-mail will be sent to the address you provided, confirming creation of your profile.
For troubleshooting questions, you can call Validity Client Relations at 913-322-5999. They are very nice and very helpful!
Step #3: Agent Interview
- Call or e-mail our office to schedule a 10 minute interview with the agents.
YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR PART OF THE PROCESS
Completed by Office Personnel:
Step #4: Committee Review - 3 people have to sign off
Step #5: Extension Board Appointed - goes before Extension Board for approval
Step #6: Letter of Appointment - mailed out
FOR QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS PROCESS, PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE STAFF AT 620-767-5136.